Meet the Elites

Caren Hernandez

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Bedlam

High School: DeKalb High School

College: University of Saint Francis (FW)

How you started running: My mom encouraged me to try the intramural for cross country in 6th grade. I tried it and liked it a lot

PRs:
2:19 (4x800 Split)
2:25.76 (Open 800)
4:46.40 (1500)
5:19 (Mile)
18:48 (5k)

Sarah Kittle

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Launch

High School: Warsaw Community High School

College: Olivet Nazarene University

How you started running: I was actually planning on playing basketball in college and the cross country coach in high school asked me to try cross country. I told him I would give it one week. Then I found out you can win prizes and shirts if you place in the top 10. At the time, I was really motivated for free stuff, so I stuck with it. I then realized I was actually good at running, fell in love with it, and the rest is history.

PRs:
17:33 (5k)
37:51 (10k)
1:25:01 (HM)
2:57:37 (Marathon)

Sandra Villajos Vidal

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Levitate

High School: Ies Sefarad (Toledo, Spain)

College: Indiana Tech

Occupational: HR Admin Assistant in a manufacturing company

How you started running: it makes me feel free and forget about everything. I started running when I was 13 years old. I’m 27 now and haven’t stopped since then. I couldn’t live without running.

PRs:
2:21.12 (800)
4:50.13 (1500)
5:17.12 (Mile)
10:26.17 (3k)

Laura Zenger

High School: Blackhawk Christian School

College: Purdue

Occupation: Case Coordinator for annuities at Lincoln Financial

How you started running: My mom used to run, and I always wanted to go out running with her when I was a kid.

PRs:
19:13 (5k)
1:21:11 (HM)
2:44:33 (Marathon)

Austen Davenport

High School: Huntington North High School

College: Tri-State University (Trine)

Occupation: Development Engineering Manager at Zimmer Biomet in Warsaw, IN. (I help design and test new products for hip reconstruction surgery.)

How you started running: ​I started running on my 7th grade cross country team. Running was something I always excelled at but I never had the opportunity to run in elementary school prior to 7th grade. I love pushing myself to see how fast I can go and continue chasing personal best times.

PRs:
15:59 (5k)
34:15 (10k)
1:12:24 (HM)
2:33:35 (Marathon)

Blake Harris

Favorite Shoe:

High School: Homestead High School

College: Manchester University

How you started running:

PRs:

Matt Helm

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Ravenna

High School: Wabash High School

College: Anderson University

How you started running: I enjoyed running the mile in gym class freshman year of high school and had a goal to break 6 minutes. I ran just under 6 minutes the last mile of the year and the teacher encouraged me to join the track/cross country teams. I had some friends who were running cross country so I joined the team my sophomore year.

PRs:
15:39 (5k)
32:39 (10k)
1:09:42 (HM)
2:26:17 (Marathon)

Justin Kowalski

Favorite Shoe:

High School: Mishawaka High School

College: Tri-State University (Trine)

How you started running: I started running my paper route when I was 10. I joined the elementary track team at age 11 and had mild success and continued it through high school and college.

PRs:
2:02 (800)
4:29 (1600)
15:28 (5k)
32:17 (10k)
1:09:17 (HM)
2:24:51 (Marathon)
6:44:53 (50 mile)

Robert Murphy

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Ghost

High School: Warsaw Community High School

College: Vincennes University (2 years), IUPUI

How you started running:

PRs:
4:08 (Mile)
8:44 (3000m Steeplechase)
14:18 (5k)
1:07 (HM)
2:18:58 (Marathon)

Andy Williams

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Ghost

High School: Northridge High School

College: Manchester College (now Manchester University)

How you started running: We had a quarter mile track at our elementary school. If we chose to run it during recess, we could keep track of our mileage and move up to new "Mile Clubs". I ran 300 miles total during my 2nd grade year, and 525 miles during 5th grade. My teacher let me put my name and footprints in the new track cement that year. I was hooked. Those footprints are still there today!

PRs:
4:22 (Mile)
15:19 (5k)
31:50 (10k)
1:08:39 (HM)
2:17:55 (Marathon)

Riley Worl

Favorite Shoe: Brooks Adrenaline

High School: Western High School

College: Manchester University

How you started running: I started running when I was a senior in high school when the cross country coach persuaded me to stop playing soccer and join the cross country team. I have continued to get more and more into running ever since.

PRs:
33:08 (10k)
1:13:46 (HM)
2:34:58 (Marathon)

“It didn’t take me long to figure out that we have a great running community in the area, and 3RRC is the hub. Whether you are getting ready to run a 5K, your first marathon, or just start walking, 3RRC should be your first stop.”

Mike Clendenen

#IAm3RRC

Share Your Story