Appleseeds Summer Youth Running Club

Appleseeds Summer Youth Running Club is available for elementary and middle school age groups. We have two sessions available at each practice. The first session is geared towards elementary aged kids (9 and under) and will be a more laid-back, game-based curriculum. The second session is a more structured, training-based program aimed at the middle school age group (10+).

The age breakdowns are just a guideline, you are welcome to pick the session that makes the most sense for your child. You do not need to sign up for a particular session when you register and you can switch at any point in the season. Feel free to reach out to Club Director, Lynn Marbach, with any questions.

2022 Schedule

Practice schedule: June 6th – August 3rd – Monday and Wednesday evenings

• Session 1: 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm
  • Session 2: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm

Race Schedule:

• XC Race @ Dekalb High School
  • July 16th: Road Race @ Pufferbelly Run, Walk, Stroll
  • August 1st: Track Meet @ Concordia Seminary

Pricing

• January 1 – February 28:$85
  • March 1 – April 30: $95
  • May 1 – End of Season: $105
  • Family discounts apply!

Benefits

• Guidance from experienced coaches
  • Two practices per week
  • Entries into the 3 club race; 1 track race, 1 cross country race, & 1 road race
  • Appleseeds T-Shirt
  • Appleseeds Singlet
  • Special discount on running shoes

Meet the Coaches(click for more info)

• Club Director: Lynn Marbach
  • Assistant Coach: Alex Galassini
  • Assistant Coach: Taylor Stine

“My boys have been participating in Appleseeds Running Club for the past three summers. I love it because it gets them outside, keeps them active, and off their screens! It’s fun to cheer them on at the different races and see them progress over the summer. My oldest son enjoys the friendships he has made over the years and my youngest loves all the fun games they play. It’s also a fun and easy way for my middle schooler to get in some summer training for cross country. If you want to get your kids active this summer, Appleseeds is a great program!”

-Jessie Weidner

“Our 10 year old did Appleseeds this summer and had a blast! She always looked forward to the practices and loved that they got to run trails in the woods while chatting with friends. She became a “runner” at Appleseeds because the coaches made running fun and social, sprinkled with good training!

-Matt and Diana Kochert

“The employees and owner of 3RRC feel like teammates. They go out of their way to learn about your needs and genuinely want to help you achieve your goals.”

Andrew Gritzmaker

#IAm3RRC

Share Your Story