The Appleseeds Track Camp is a four-day introduction into the world of Track & Field for elementary and middle school aged kids (ages 6 to 13). Our camp sessions will be a mix of education, running, and games. Campers will experience jumps, throws, hurdles, relays, distance, and sprints. We are very excited to be partnering with the University of Saint Francis Track and Field program for this camp!
Monday, December 27th – 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Tuesday, December 28th – 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Wednesday, December 29th – 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Thursday, December 30th – 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Saturday, January 22nd – Meet Day at Taylor University!
- 4 x 2 hour practices
- Guidance from experienced Track & Field coaches and athletes
- Camp T-shirt
- Team jersey
- 1 event entry for Indiana Runner track meet on January 22nd at Taylor University
Planting the seeds for a healthy life
The Appleseeds Youth Running Club is a welcoming environment for elementary and middle school aged children, going into grades 1 through 8, to engage in the sport of running. Whether it be recreational or competitive, we hope to spark an interest in running that will last a lifetime. We aim to provide the groundwork for physical fitness as well as teamwork and sportsmanship.
Appleseeds is now available for elementary and middle school age groups! We will have two sessions available at each practice. The first session is geared towards elementary aged kids (9 and under) and will be a more laid-back, game-based curriculum. The second session is a more structured, training-based program aimed at the middle school age group (10+). The age breakdowns are just a guideline, you are welcome to pick the session that makes the most sense for your child. You do not need to sign up for a particular session when you register and you can switch at any point in the season. Feel free to reach out to Club Director, Lynn Marbach, with any questions.
Practice schedule: June 7th – August 4th – Monday and Wednesday evenings
- Session 1: 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm
- Session 2: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- June 25th: XC Race @ Dekalb High School
- July 17th: Road Race @ Pufferbelly Run, Walk, Stroll
- August 2nd: Track Meet @ Concordia Seminary
- January 1 – February 28: $75
- March 1 – April 30: $85
- May 1 – End of Season: $95
- Family discounts apply!
- Guidance from experienced coaches
- Two practices per week
- Entries into the 3 club race; 1 track race, 1 cross country race, & 1 road race
- Appleseeds T-Shirt
- Appleseeds Singlet
- Special discount on running shoes
Meet the Coaches! (click for more info)
- Head Coach: Derek Leininger
- Club Director: Lynn Marbach
- Assistant Coach: Megan Thiesmann
- Assistant Coach: Andrew Whitinger
If you have any questions, please contact the club director, Lynn Marbach: